- Registration Cancellation
- Registration Changes
- Course Withdrawal
- University Withdrawal
- Student General Fee Appeal Process
Before classes begin for a particular term, all courses can be canceled via RAMweb with no assessment charges. Students not planning to attend must cancel their registration before the fall or spring semester begins or they will be assessed a portion of tuition and fees.
Tuition and fees will be adjusted (not cancelled) for undergraduate students if credits are added or dropped during the schedule change period at the beginning of the semester. Specific dates are listed in the online class schedule. After this deadline, there is no adjustment in tuition and fees if a student drops part of his or her schedule.
Students may withdraw from a course through the end of the Withdraw period for the individual class. The specific date is listed on the online Class Schedule or in the My Weekly Class Schedule on RAMweb. When a student withdraws from a course, a W will appear in place of the grade. This does not affect the GPA. There is no refund of charges associated with the course in the case of a withdrawal for an on-campus course. For charges associated with withdrawing from a Continuing Education online course, please go to CSU Online.
The schedule for tuition and fee adjustments for students withdrawing from CSU may be found on the Registrar’s website.
Exceptions to the prorated tuition and fees adjustments may be made in the following situations:
- CSU will prorate tuition and fees according to institutional policies; withdrawing students who receive federal, state, or institutional financial aid may be required to return certain funds based on the date of withdrawal or documented last date of attendance, as prescribed by federal regulations.
- CSU room and board charges will be assessed through the vacate date from CSU housing.
- In the case of the death of a currently enrolled student, request for a refund of tuition and fees may be made any time during the semester. For guidance on this process contact the Office of the Provost/Executive Vice President, Administration Building, Room 108, or 970-491-5932.
- Withdrawal as a result of serious illness, disabling accident, military draft, or activation of reserves or National Guard units, appeals will be initiated and reviewed at the Office of the Provost/Executive Vice President, Administration Building, Room 108.
- Please note: No financial adjustment will be made for a student who is suspended, dismissed, or expelled for breach of discipline.
Additional information related to University Withdrawals, being called to active military duty, registration cancellation, and other registration changes is available in the Registration section of Academic Standards and Policies.
Billing for the Student General Fee may be contested, in writing, within the first two weeks after the add/drop date of the term for which the fee is imposed. The request should outline the particular circumstances for contesting the applicability of the mandatory full-time Student General Fee. Send the request to: Student General Fee Appeal Committee, Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs, CSU, 8004 Campus Delivery, Fort Collins, CO 80523-8004. The following information should be included in the request: full name, CSUID, current address, telephone number, and e-mail address. Decisions of the committee are final.