This program provides students with comprehensive knowledge of marketing data analytics as a specialization in the MBA program. Data analytics is a rapidly growing field, part of which has occurred in the domain of marketing and marketing research. Data analytics involves defining problems surrounding marketing questions, such as customer relationship management, consumer behavior, customer service, pricing, sales force management, advertising, business-to-business and channels relationships. Once problems are defined, data analysts are responsible for gathering the right information (the data) to solve the problem and applying sophisticated data analytics tools to provide empirical answers. An important part of the process is to present and explain the data findings to a marketing audience. Marketing action is generally taken based on data definition, gathering, manipulation, and analysis.
Program Learning Goals:
Students demonstrate the ability to:
- Obtain, combine, clean, transform, validate, and analyze large and small datasets from multiple sources.
- Design and implement databases and other data collection systems.
- Apply marketing research methodologies and systems, such as segmentation modeling, targeting, CRM, and ROI projections and evaluation.
- Perform statistical analysis and interpretation of data in order to uncover actionable intelligence and trends that provide value to marketing and business.
- Present and interpret data in a meaningful way to internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop high quality reports, dashboards, and visualizations with marketing data.
- Add to the ability of marketing managers to make optimal decisions on important marketing variables such as marketing segmentation, market positioning, new product design, pricing strategies, advertising choice, and others.
Effective Fall 2023
|Required Core Courses:|
|BUS 500||Foundations for Business Impact||2|
|BUS 601||Quantitative Business Analysis||2|
|BUS 614||Accounting Concepts||2|
|BUS 620||Leadership and Teams||2|
|BUS 626||Managing Human Capital||2|
|BUS 630||Information Management||2|
|BUS 640||Financial Principles and Practice||2|
|BUS 655||Marketing Management||2|
|BUS 656||Marketing Strategy and Planning||2|
|Select two courses from the following:||4|
|Financial Reporting and Analysis|
|Business Economics for the World Market|
|Financial Markets and Investments|
|Select one course from the following:||3|
|Business Data Visualization|
|Enterprise Computing and Systems Integration|
|Required Specialization Courses:|
|CIS 505||Database Concepts||1|
|CIS 570||Business Intelligence||3|
|CIS 575||Applied Data Mining and Analytics in Business||3|
|MKT 610||Qualitative Marketing Research Methods||1|
|MKT 621||Search Engine Marketing and Optimization||1|
|MKT 650||Data Analytics||2|
|MKT 651||Applied Data Analytics||2|
|MKT 670||Digital Marketing||1|
|MKT 686||Marketing Practicum||2|
|Select 1 credit elective with approval of graduate advisor.||1|
|Program Total Credits:||42|
A minimum of 42 credits are required to complete this program.