The Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Business is designed to equip students with the skills to drive social and sustainable business transformation in their workplaces. Businesses with authentic environmental, social, and governance (ESG) commitments are more resilient, subject to reduced legal and supply chain risk, have higher employee retention, and benefit from favorable market perception. Competencies in sustainability are part of any role in today’s workforce, from supply chain to finance.
As a result of this certificate, students will develop knowledge regarding emerging trends in green business, understand sustainable business management approaches and strategies, and recognize the role of business in addressing sustainability issues. Professionals with knowledge of sustainable management strategies will be able to effectively integrate economic, social, and environmental goals into their work or business strategy.
This program is compatible with the College of Business Online MBA degree requirements, allowing students to complete the certificate as part of their MBA degree. The 10-credit online certificate is intended to take 2 semesters for completion.
Students graduating with the Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Business will demonstrate knowledge and the capability to:
- Identify the impacts of climate change and biodiversity loss on business and society.
- Explain the role of business in addressing sustainability issues.
- Analyze ethical, legal, and regulatory implications inherent in business situations and apply that knowledge to make responsible decisions.
- Explain how to integrate economic, social, and environmental goals into their work or business strategy.
- List emerging trends in green business for strategic positioning and social/environmental good.
Effective Fall 2023
|Select a minimum of 10 credits from the following:||10|
|Sustainable Venturing and New Energy Economy|
|Sustainability Ethics and Business Practice|
|Corp. Social and Sustainable Responsibility|
|Global Climate Change|
|Environmental, Social, Governance Investing|
|Program Total Credits:||10|
*This certificate may have courses in common with other graduate certificates. A student may earn more than one certificate, but a given course may be counted only in one certificate.