Graduates of the Master of Sport Management, Plan C program become mid-to-high level sport industry leaders in domestic and global, as well as private, public, and non-governmental sport organizations. Students are prepared to pursue leadership roles within sport, equipped with critical understandings and tools for effective responsiveness to the shifts in industries of sport. Graduates of the program gain practical and theoretical knowledge to pursue a range of mid-high level positions in sport. This specialization has a focus on preparing managers across the sport industry. All curriculum of the program is geared towards providing students with the necessary skills and knowledge to become successful sport industry leaders.
1. Identify and analyze ethical, legal, and socio-cultural issues, and formulate responses for use in managerial decision making and policy determinations in sport.
2. Identify and apply organizational theories and frameworks to the practice of sport management leadership and policy.
3. Respond to and engage collaboratively with diverse stakeholders and communities to address social challenges.
4. Employ appropriate methodologies and techniques, and manage strategic planning, as well as financial and human resource management.
5. Assess marketing and media needs, and formulate short term and long term solutions.
6. Develop and demonstrate, execute, and evaluate a sports event.
7. Reflect critically and develop collaborative solutions to address challenges of emerging issues concerning sport management and policy.
Effective Fall 2020
|Communications and Media in Sport
|Economics and Data Analytics in Sport
|Sport and Communities
|Sport Governance and Policy
|Contemporary Sport, Society and Globalization
|Sport and the Environment
|Sport Facility and Event Management
|Sport and Ethics
|Sport Organizational Communication
|Risk Management in Sport
|Sport Management Seminar
|Sport Management Capstone
|Sport Management Internship
|Program Total Credits:
A minimum of 30 credits are required to complete this program.